Saturday, June 21, 2008

1st Place Winners!!!

The boys won 1st place in the multiples division of the Baby Contest for the American Freedom Festival in Provo, Utah. I have to say...I'm shocked! We passed identical girls going in and they were darling. They had crystal blue eyes and dimples on their chins...I thought we were toast. But the boys really brought their A game and entertained the judges! Grandma helped pick out their clothes and made sure they looked perfect. She also had the great idea of having them wear their squeaky shoes and to give them pin wheels. It worked! They stomped, danced and waved! Gavin opened with a quick "Hi" and a wave...he was a favorite with the photographer. Gage batted his pretty blue eyes and beautiful eyelashes! They really were so cute for those 5 minutes. The rest of the day they were terrors! They had no nap, it was scorching hot, they really didn't eat and I ran out of milk. The event was long and by the time it was their turn to take the stage it was melt down city! The babies didn't want to wear their medals...so Grandma and I wore them...we really did earn them!









5 comments:

Corna said...

Oh my GOSH how cute are they! Of course they won! Sorry about the meltdowns but the pix are worth it of course!

karlin said...

Wow! Well deserved. Good job!

Shawni said...

How fun that you guys got to do that, and that the boys won! They are so darn cute! I don't know how you keep up with twins Lucy's age! Wow, that's impressive.

I just wanted to also say thanks for your very sweet comment on my blog. That made my day.

Wanda said...

Jana, That is so cool! Congrats on your cute boys winning over all those twins. I'm sure the competition was stiff. Loved the pics. Super cute boys!!!

Michele said...

Your mom looks younger. Hot Grandma. You must have your moms genes.